Welcome Back!!! I’m pretty pleased with the amount I’ve read this month as I didn’t think I would manage four books seeing as uni has been really full on. However, I truly feel the reason I read the amount I did in November was thanks to how much I was commuting into London for uni so eBooks came in super handy. I read a lot of my phone this past month so I was able to read on the train more easily than an actual book. I even read standing up on the tube which is something I would have never done with a physical book and I found it even more helpful to switch my reading view to “scrolling” so I didn’t even have to fake turn pages. So what did I read this month?
I finished 4 books this month and I’m currently in the middle of two, which I was hoping to get done by the end of November but it hasn’t happened. However, the books I did finish, I really enjoyed.
- Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief by Rick Roirdan (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
I can’t get over how good Am I Normal Yet? was!! It’s easily reached my top books of 2016 list. It was just amazing. I loved the topics it hit and how well Holly Bourne wrote about them in a funny yet serious way. I loved all the characters and it was just incredible. Easily one of the best books I’ve read this year.
- Favourite Book: Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
- Favourite Cover: None really that really take my fancy. And because I read all bar one on my phone, it doesn’t really matter to me.
- Favourite Character: Grover from Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief. A little upset he isn’t in Sea of Monsters as much. I also LOVE Whinnie from How Hard Can Love Be? And that leads in on to the next question….
- Favourite Book Quote: Favourite book quote this month is something that Whinnie said about Winnie the Pooh….”Pooh lives in the moment. He doesn’t fret about the past, or freak about the future. He’s an expert in mindfulness.”
Honourable mention to Kyle from How Hard Can Love Be? for saying…”Failure is never getting hurt. Because that means you’ve not done anything you cared about.”
- Did I Mention I Miss You? by Estelle Maskame
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
I’m almost done with DIMIMY and I’m enjoying it. It’s a quick, fun, light read that’s perfect for the commute as I don’t have to think about it too much. I’m about 100 pages from the end so I’m hoping to finish it this weekend. Sea of Monsters I’m finding okay. I’m defiantly not enjoying it as much as Lighting Thief. However, I’m only about 100 pages in so I have the whole adventure to go yet.
Nothings screaming at me to pick them up this month so I’m not really sure what will be on the TBR or what I plan on reading in December. All I hope is that they will be great reads on end the year on. I’m annoyed at myself for only completing two books from Novembers TBR (click here), and I even DNF’ed Order of the Phoenix because I wasn’t feeling it so my goal for rereading Harry Potter this year is looking unlikely.
What did you read in the month of November? Did we read any of the same books? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post